Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The Making of Science Fact not Fiction!


The Making of Science Fact not Fiction!

I've written previously how the Apollo Program got my interest in science and engineering really flowing as a child. Heck here is a model that I made at around 8 years old, that I still have 40 years later.




I was reading the article below earlier today and it truly got my juices flowing. The potential of this technology is incredible. This is the stuff of science fiction.

They have the technology! They just have to engineer it for the required scale for interplanetary travel. Read the article.... This technology allows the spacecraft to accelerate to the mid point of the flight and then decelerate the other half. No coasting .... Just acceleration. Which will cut  transit times immensely.

Again, please read the article below.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/space/moon-mars/news/a28754/new-ion-thruster-breaks-records-power-thrust/?src=nl&mag=pop&list=nl_pnl_news&date=102517


No comments:

Post a Comment