Pages

Monday, August 28, 2017

My baby came home this weekend...

Its a wonderful thing when you get to see your child for the first time after they've been gone a couple of weeks.

"Separation makes the heart grow fonder!"


I don't think that is always a true statement. I was extremely fond of her prior to her leaving. I think I love her just as much as prior to that fateful day that we dropped her at Mississippi State University.
I think that this is a result of being extremely lucky on our part to have a child who always seemed mature beyond her years. Those of you that know her realize that this is not a brag. It is a plain statement of fact.

She has been gone, and I think she misses us as much as we miss her. We have always been a close and supportive family, so to be separated has caused some anxiety for all of us. Nothing that can't be cured with time and regular visits on both parties parts. But we don't love her more because she has been gone.

Maybe I am taking that old statement a little to literal, but it was weighing on my mind so I figured I would put my thoughts onto the proverbial paper. With all of the emotions that I have, fonder is not one of them.

I love that she is growing wings and flying. I love that she will get her feet under her and she will be running at life full tilt. I love that she cares for her parents so deeply. I love that we love her back just as deeply. This is the way life is supposed to be! A little sad, but a ton of joy to offset the changes that are occurring.

If your child has yet to leave the nest, cherish each moment. The moments you want to last a lifetime unfortunately don't, but you can cherish the young adult they have become.

So Alysse, go back to school and give it your all because we will always be here for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment