Pages

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Empty Nest Update: Making good decisions.. is hard sometimes..



I really thought that I would miss my girl terribly while she is off at school. Rather than seeing her everyday, we now are seeing her once a month or so. It isn't too bad. Its not great, but it is manageable.

One of the main reasons I can say that is that she seems to be settling in and continuing to make good decisions. She and her room mate get along, and she is definitely spreading her wings in her new environment.

We raised her to be respectful and to make good decisions. She has learned these lessons well and seems to know right from wrong. The knowledge that she is mature and capable of making the right decisions, even if they are hard, puts my mind at ease.

With my mind at ease regarding her behavior and habits, I can go about my daily routine and not have to worry about what she is doing. I know she is doing whats right for her, and that it will not cause a lot of angst for her mother and I.

I look back to myself at the age. I was already in the Air Force. I was on my own, and I wasn't necessarily always making the correct or wise decisions. I seem to remember getting a half keg with Mark Brumbaugh and about four of us drinking the whole thing. Definitely not mature decision making. Which I think is why I was a little worried. I had my own misbehavior to look back on and luckily she landed away from the old apple tree and then rolled a little further.

So the excitement and joy of this new chapter in her life as well as ours continues, and it seems to be going well.









No comments:

Post a Comment